Caitlin of A Cheeky Fox nominated me for a Liebster Award the other day and I couldn’t be more flattered. Liebster Awards are given to bloggers by bloggers to get to know each other better! One of my favorite things about blogging is connecting with other blog friends. It’s the best! Caitlin chose a few questions for me (and her other nominees too) to answer.
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
A lot of my friends and family call me Shel, but my college roommate/BFF actually came up with See Shel. I’m horrible at coming up with names for things, so when I was thinking about starting a blog, I was talking to her about not knowing what to call it and she threw out See Shel. It just kind of stuck!
2. What is the one thing you wish you knew about blogging before you started?
That I would love it as much as I do — is that corny? When I first started blogging, I definitely didn’t take it as seriously or work as hard on it. But as I kind of found my groove, I realized how much a really do love blogging, all of the work that goes into it and all of the opportunities I’ve had because of it.
3. Which brand, do you feel, is the most underrated beauty brand out there right now?
I seriously know absolutely nothing about makeup, so I don’t necessarily know about underrated brands — but I really love Tarte and First Aid Beauty!
4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
I love being super lazy on really rainy days. I turn on music, make tea, light my favorite candles and usually read or just relax.
5. Name some of your favorite places to shop online.
Oh boy! There are so many. I love ASOS and bigger shops like that, but I also really love smaller boutique shops too. Lone Flag (which is in California) and Parc Boutique (in Minnesota) are two of my favorites — I constantly stalk their Instagram accounts and websites.
6. If you could cook dinner for anyone, dead or alive, who would you cook for and what would you make?
I have a huge girl crush on Rashida Jones, so I would totally want to invite her. I’m not a big cook — I seriously only know how to make a couple of things — but I love making (and eating) brunch, so that’s probably what I would make.
7. What nail polish is your signature shade?
I’m such a sucker for neutrals (just take a look at my closet) so my go to’s for nail polish, at least lately, have been Get in the Espresso Lane by OPI and Essie’s Merino Cool.
8. When it comes to your TV routine: comedy or drama?
Ugh..both? I watch more TV that I should probably admit to, so I watch a lot of both. I’m obsessed with Parenthood and Suits, but I also love to watch shows like Parks and Rec, SNL and the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
9. Favorite place to chow down in Chicago?
One of my all time favorites is Moody’s Pub off the Thorndale stop. Their burgers are really good and there’s nothing better than spending a summer night in their beer garden with a pitcher (or two) of sangria. My friends and I are obsessed.
10. Name one goal you have for your blog in 2014.
At the beginning of the year, my goal was to just have a more regular blogging schedule. Now that I think I have that down, I would love to have the opportunity to work with a couple of brands that I love. I think that would be amazing!
11. What is one thing you never leave the house without? Besides your phone or wallet.
This sounds kind of cliche, but I have this little notebook that I always have in my bag so that I can jot down ideas for blog posts and other things I’m working on, to do lists and dates I need to remember. So that and my headphones…there’s nothing worse than being stuck on a bus or El car that’s super noisy and realizing you didn’t bring your headphones.
Thanks Caitlin for tagging me! I said this earlier, but one of the best (and most fun!) parts about blogging is getting to know other bloggers. So I’ve come up with some questions and nominees of my own. Can’t wait to hear everyone’s answers!
Katie from Dream Till Green
Liv from Lively Liv
Katharine from Paytington & Co.
Lindsay from The Garden Apt.
Rachel from An Eventful Life
Jessica from My Piece of Sunshine
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you decided to start?
2. Who is your style icon?
3. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
6. Who was your first celebrity crush?
7. If you could have lunch with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and where would you go to eat?
8. What are some of your favorite stores?
9. Top three favorite songs?
10. What advice would you give to someone who is just starting (or who is thinking about starting) to blog?
11. Any blog goals for 2014?